I remember spending innumerable amounts of time suffering my way through Dostoyevsky’s novel Crime and Punishment in high-school. True it’s a deeply psychological novel, but at that point I hadn’t quite grasped the concept of psychology and having to read the book (despite moments of interest) was for me the equivalent of a literary torture rack. Now, years later I’ve felt a spark of interest and a desire to not only reread Crime and Punishment but to give Dostoyevsky’s other books a try as well (I secretly think this is mostly due to the influence of the Russian Literature class I am taking at the moment). However, for those of you who found Crime and Punishment to be, well, not a form of punishment imposed upon you by a zealous school system and if you enjoy dissecting Dostoyevsky’s literature, here is an article that gives a deep reading on the story of “The Grand Inquisitor” that is present in Dostoyevsky’s book The Brothers Karamazov. Enjoy!
- @jcn @giugiu We've considered adding color to our posters but we feel that they should retain the style of books: words on plain background! #
- @kraykray @jcn We've received a couple similar suggestions this past week. We are planning on redesigning these more "morbid" posters. #
- @kraykray @jcn I'd like to ask you for your opinion for the Crime and Punishment poster. What do you think we should illustrate? Thanks! #
- @jcn So Jesse – have you decided which one of our posters you like best yet? #
- @jcn So do we! We're planning on redesigning our entire site. One main feature will be the ability to zoom freely (all the way to the text) #
- @jcn Thanks! We hope to include more in the future. Also good idea. We'll also include an option to view a larger photo for each poster #
- Hello, visitors from Japan! Thank you for visiting us. Email us at email@example.com if you would like to make an order to your country #
As most Canadians already know, the Canada Post strike will be affecting nationwide deliveries.
BUT, I’m happy to say that all orders made at Postertext will not be affected by the strike as we use Fedex as our main courier. All orders to Canada will remain shipped and delivered within 3-4 business days.
PS: Happy Tuesday, everyone
The Guardian is back – and this time with a list of the Ten of the Best Drug Experiences in Literature no less. I found the article was both amusing and fun to read hence I am passing it along for you to have a go at it. I hope you enjoy!